Thalapathy Vijay’s Latest movie: Thalapathy Is The GOAT OR Greatest of All Time, when I heard it for the first time, I myself had a question that what kind of a name was given to it, but the name itself has a big hint about the actual qualities of the movie. Keep one thing in mind that this movie is not for everyone. The main character of the story of the movie is named Gandhi played by actor Vijay, whom people lovingly call Thalapathi Vijay. So, I will also call him the same in the entire blog to show my love. He works in the anti-terrorism squad hiding from his wife and child.
Mr. Gandhi does the work of killing inside the country and at international locations. He has lied to his wife about everything. But there is a big twist in his life, when he cannot carry this lie any further. He takes his wife and son to Thailand and a big scandal happens there. We see a time jump of 16 years in which Mr. Gandhi has grown up and his son has grown up and looks exactly like him. And the other four members of his anti-terrorist team including Prabhu Deva, I only know his name. One by one, some mysterious man is killing the members of the squad. The movie goes on to figure out who he is and what he wants. And we see the climax of this in the cricket stadium. I have given you the overview of the story but what about its quality? You will not find anything new, different or innovative except the climax and the post credit scene which blew my mind.. It is a very safe script whose elements you have seen many times in other movies. Yes, if you are using your mind a little while watching the movie, then you might get bored.
After the movie was over, when I thought about it, it is very clear as day and night that the movie did not have any such intention, the way it is named Greatest of All Time and the title cards of the actors come, the hero's entry, the dialogues spoken by the characters or what I said about the cricket stadium in the climax, the whole thing has been kept in the movie for one reason only, to celebrate its actors and stars, Thala and Thalapathy is understood but the rest of the characters are also given small intro sequences, interval sequences. Some emotional scenes definitely worked and the entire body language of the main actor of the movie Thalapathy Vijay is a very big plus, not only in action or dialogue delivery but where there are a little bit of comedy scenes, his character reacts to things around him, it's really good, like really really good, so if you are a big fan of him, go and watch it.
Just keep your expectations low because in itself this is an action thriller, the action in which is overall decent, I would say. When it comes to fighting, getting hit etc., it is choppy, it was quickly taken out, nothing is clear, but the impact shots that fall later. It is definitely better than some action movies like KGF, Pushpa. The level of Thriller is also very nice. There are a few scenes in which you will be really engrossed and think what is going to happen but such scenes are few. I will not say anything bad about the rest, it just goes on. It clicked to me that this same thing fits almost all its aspects, like I have seen it in Hindi dubbing and you know that usually the quality of dubbing is so bad, but GOAT’s dubbing is a little better than that, but not very good.
But it doesn't stoop to the level of bad movies where you stop caring because even if the song is not good, the dance that is going on there with Thalapathy Vijay's moves which are so smooth and it looks so effortless that you will feel like watching it. No matter how many times I watch it, the question that comes to my mind is how is this guy 50 years old, but the next point is based on this very thing. Three ages of Thalapathy Vijay: a 21 year old boy, then 25-30 and then 40-45. The VFX of the movie, specially bomb blast, blowing up a train is just good, it could have been better, but it’s Okay.
Overall this movie is definitely very nice for its references to almost all Thalapathy Vijay’s past movies with Trisha’s cameo for the song Matta (Trisha and Thalapathy danced on this song in the movie Ghilli) which was just awesome(If you are a Thalapathy Fan) but average for anyone else and I would watch it again like 1 or 2 times. The moments that celebrate the hero, where you clap or cheer after seeing the superstar on screen, are very few and Thalapathy Vijay is the biggest highlight of this whole movie. I don't know what new obsession the makers have that the movie is over but still they will add some twist or cameo or something in the end which will make people think What Is This? What Are They Going To Do? The makers gave One lollipop of hope that something bigger is going to come from this, this was just the beginning. I am also a big fan of Dhoni, but whatever they did in the climax was just okay. The post credit scene with the announcement of the sequel, “The GOAT V/S The OG”, was just mind-blowing, I didn’t expect that at all. Thalapathy Is The GOAT is currently streaming on Netflix.







Comments
Post a Comment