Skip to main content

Recent Post

Tuner: A Sharp, Suspenseful Acoustic Thriller!

Tuner: A Super Tense Thriller Where Music Meets Crime 🎹🔒 ​Directed by Daniel Roher (the guy who made Navalny ), Tuner takes a very quiet, old-school job and turns it into a high-voltage mind game. It is a lot like those classic suspense movies where a person’s special talent becomes their biggest problem. ​The movie beautifully turns the simple science of sound and pitch into pure thrill, giving us a super smart robbery story. ​The Vibe: Amazing Sound Design Meets Big Crime 🎚️🏢 ​The film does a great job of showing a deep character story while keeping you on the edge of your seat. ​The Story: We follow a lonely, super-focused piano tuner who has a literal superpower, he has 'perfect pitch' and can understand sounds like nobody else. His quiet daily routine goes out the window when a fancy gang of criminals forces him to join them. ​The Robbery: The mission is perfectly made for him. He has to use his crazy good hearing to crack an impossible, high-security loc...

Bhool Bhulaiya 3 Movie Review: Hug Diya?

If it was not my responsibility to watch Bhool Bhulaiya 3 and tell you whether it is good or not, then i would have gotten up in the middle, it is soo bad. First of all, the whole story takes place in West Bengal, which means you will get to see a lot of Bengali accent. First of all, we meet Rooh Baba, the character played by Kartik Aaryan, who loots people. One day he meets Triptii Dimri who lures him with 1 crore and says come with me, we have a very old mansion in which Manjulika resides, that's why no one lives there, with your help, we will end this Manjulika issue, we will sell the palace.

Whatever I just told you, while saying that I felt very bad, I felt like I am giving very heavy spoilers because the masala thing in the story after this is Nothing literally bro, there is nothing in the movie, after this setup of the movie. Once they reach the mansion, skip one and a half hour ahead, the point where the climax of the movie starts, the story does not evolve at all between these two points, it has not progressed even a bit, then what are the makers trying to do in all this time? First of all, they try to make you laugh and here I would like to make you focus on the word try because it does not happen, comedy is very subjective and i could not even find one instance where I could laugh.

I will give an example, mostly three characters have been kept to create comedy, Sanjay Mishra, Rajpal Yadav and Ashwini Kalsekar. The trinity leaving aside the main ghost story, tries to make you laugh but the writing is so bad, that all their efforts go to waste. Rajpal Yadav's character Chota Pandit says that we had come inside this palace in a Rolls Royce, then we show ourselves the photo of the Rolls Royce There are two bulls and a bull cart on which is written Rolls Royce. I am not able to laugh at this, the idea that I got from the trailer of this movie, the same has happened, the comedy does not work at all, not even this much, in which we cannot put complete fault on the actors because they are talented, they have shown it, it's the writing and direction.

Triptii Dimri's character says that it is time for milk, so they are bringing milk to the cow, this is not funny, this is cringe dialogues upon which the makers think that the audience is so mad that they will accept such comedy. Kartik Aaryan tried the same cringe formula and made Shehzaada which was a remake of Ala Vaikunthapuramaloo which had Allu Arjun. Kartik Aaryan tries to copy Allu Arjun’s way of speaking but it just doesn’t soot him, same way he tried to mimic and copy Akshay Kumar’s way of saying dialogues in Bhool Bhulaiya 1. Vijay Raaz was barely noticeable with no nice dialogues.

It just feels that the dialogue writer was sleeping while making the dialogues as there is no comedy or good dialogues. The only little hope that was left from the movie was that if anyone can save it, then it is Vidya Balan's Manjulika and Madhuri Dixit. I feel very sad to report this but this thing did not happen. Their characters did add a little bit of seriousness to the movie due to which I paid a minimum level of attention such that I didn’t sleep. Even if I am feeling sleepy, I am keeping myself awake thinking that something serious is going on. Kartik Aaryan's performance I mean it's all right, he did as much as was required. We can't fault him much for comedy because even Vijay Raaz is not doing well but if you have seen Kartik Aaryan's old movies then you already know what kind of performance he would have given and he has given exactly the same.

There were some things in this movie which I liked and they are so few that I can literally count on one hand. One scene of Rajpal Yadav which was a reference of last year's biggest movie was very good. Madhuri Dixit and Vidya Balan's performance of Mere Dholna Sun and the Manjulika scene at the end of the movie which is definitely unexpected. You cannot imagine it, even after thinking I could have never gotten to this climax scene that yes this is going to happen which is a good thing. I had mentioned one point that after the first 20 minutes, there is a gap of one and a half hours and nothing happens in between. All this is because of the finale twist.

The movie’s setting is a very big mansion inside which a ghost is roaming freely which is very scary and many stories about it are famous. It was shown in the beginning of the movie itself that because of rage she has killed so many people, this happens in the beginning of this movie but in the one and a half hour in between she does nothing. Manjulika, the ghost does not do anything for us to get scared of her. The movie runs in segments, she will come once, she will scare someone and then disappear, then after that we jump to the comedy segment, then we jump back to the ghost segment, she will come, scare someone and then disappear.

No actual thing happens that makes an impact, for one and a half hour, even the little interesting things they show in it do not make sense because of that twist at the end, you literally think about it that why was that character making such a face and doing such things in the first half, after which the last thing left to talk about is the horror in this movie. Majority of the time the movie does only one thing, builds a little suspense and then suddenly lowers the voice and scares you but you don’t feel scared at all. If you haven't understood till now from my words, then I didn't like the picture. But as far as recommending is concerned, it depends on the level to which you like it.

If you enjoy bare minimum comedy by rhyming words or by adding sound effects and loud music, if you get scared, then you might like it. I don't know, the comedy and the movie is very limited to a particular audience I feel. Even though I didn’t like the movie, many other people did like it and that is why Bhool Bhulaiya 3 even crossed Singham Again’s collections and has earned ₹364 crores worldwide and has emerged as a box office success as it’s Budget is only ₹200 crores. Bhool Bhulaiya 3 is currently streaming on Netflix and Singham Again is streaming on Amazon Prime Video.

Comments

Popular Reviews

Narivetta: The Wolf Hunt Movie Review: Tovino Thomas' Boldest Film YET??

So, I watched the movie Narivetta, which actually released in theatres a month ago. But I didn’t get a chance to watch it earlier because there was no watch option available here. I wanted to watch it mainly because, first of all, Malayalam films usually have strong content, and secondly, this movie had created quite a hype after its theatrical release. Now, this movie has come on Sony Liv, it was supposed to release on 11th July, but they uploaded it a day earlier. Anyway, it’s finally here, and I have watched it. The total length of the movie is around two hours and fifteen minutes. The first half may make you wonder whether to continue watching or not because the gripping moments, which you expect in any content, disappear after the first 15 minutes. It follows a simple storyline about one man who is poor but educated. He works very hard to become an IPS officer, but due to his family’s poor financial condition, he is forced to take a job as a CRPF constable. After that, the story t...

LEO: BLOODY SWEET- CAREER BEST PERFORMANCE BY THALAPATHY VIJAY IN THIS ALMOST MISFIRE BY LOKESH KANAGARAJ

ABOUT THE FILM:  Box office emperor Thalapathy Vijay joined forces with sensational filmmaker Lokesh Kanagaraj for the action drama, Leo. The film has been making noise right since its announcement, and its hype reached unprecedented levels now. Let’s see if this much-hyped film lived up to the expectations or not. Date Of Release: 19th October 2023 Genre: Action Thriller, Suspense, Drama, Gangster, Crime Film and Crime Fiction. Runtime: 164 Minutes Languages:  Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam and Hindi Budget: ₹250 Crores all inclusive of promotion cost and ₹120 Crores as the salary cost of Vijay. Box Office Collection: ₹623 Crore Directed And Written By: Lokesh Kanagaraj Cast: THALAPATHY Vijay, Sanjay Dutt, Gautham Vasudev Menon, Trisha Krishnan, Arjun Sarja, Babu Antony, Mysskin, Mathew Thomas, Priya Anand, Mansoor Ali Khan Cinematography : Manoj Paramahamsa Music : Anirudh Ravichander Producer : Ramkumar Balasubramanian And Seven Screen Studio ABOUT THE DIRECTOR:  Lo...

Jawan Review: This Has All The Masala You’d Expect Fom A Shah Rukh Khan, Atlee Film To Have, But That Also Adds Some Unnecessary Ingredients!

  Hi everyone,   I am Artist. Living in the city of dreams aka illusion-MUMBAI , it has been quite an adventure I would say.   So, this is my Blog about what I am which means that I am Movies, Movies are me. My only source of entertainment are movies. SO LETS START!! ABOUT THE FILM : Date of Release: 7th September, 2023 Genre: Action, Thriller, Crime, Mystery, Adventure and Drama Languages:  Hindi, Tamil and Telugu Our Rating: 3.5 stars out of 5 Runtime: 165 minutes  Budget: ₹300 crore Box Office: ₹1150 crore Cast:  Shah Rukh Khan, Vijay Sethupathi, Nayanthara, Deepika Padukone, Priyamani, Sanya Malhotra, Ridhi Dogra, Lehar Khan, Sunil Grover, Girija Oak Director: Atlee Producers: Gauri Khan Music Director: Anirudh Ravichander Cinematographer: GK Vishnu Editor: Ruben About SHAH RUKH KHAN AKA SRK: Bollywood Superstar Shah Rukh Khan  resumes his much-anticipated comeback with “Jawan” (Hindi for “Soldier”), a high-toned action-adventure about a well-meani...

Meiyazhagan Movie Review: A Story of Stories, Forgotten Memories, and Quiet Reflections

You cannot call yourself a true fan of Indian cinema until you have watched the masterpiece 96 from the Tamil film industry. It is an experience that takes all of us back in time under the pretext of showing a film. This cinema is more real and emotional than real life itself, where you start finding yourself, and when the film ends, you try your best to somehow change its ending. Very few movies are made that you won’t find a single person in the entire world speaking against. Every person who has watched this film became a lifelong fan. The story of Vijay Sethupathi and Trisha was truly once in a lifetime. Every single scene in the film was perfect, every dialogue had meaning, and the music was heavenly. But listen carefully, I said ‘was’, because past tense no longer applies. Now, in the present, there is a film that can rival 96, a film so flawless that no human on this earth can find a mistake in it. If anyone asks for the true meaning of the word ‘cinema’, just show them this fil...

Argylle Movie Review: A Shocking No-Hype Film

So I went to see Superman i.e. Henry Cavill's latest film Argylle which is a spy comedy thriller movie of 2 hours 19 minutes. How is this film, let's talk. Well hello, my name is Artist and we will meet again and again. First of all, this film is not hyped, brother, no seriously, the show I went to, the theatre was actually completely empty. Well, is it worth taking interest or not? Let's talk about the movie, brother, even though its story is from a spy genre, Story telling and concept shown is very different, I mean from a writer's point of view, in the first half you will feel as if you are watching a super natural fictional story, I will not tell much otherwise it will be a spoiler. But the way the writer's fictional character has been connected with real life was great and also I liked the action sequences and editing of this film is the best, the best example of which you can see in its train sequence. You will find it in the sequence where a good fight is goi...